Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Staying In Touch

You might have noticed the name change. I figure so long as people are willing to send me updates on their lives and there continue to be rumblings about getting together again and maybe even on a regular basis, I'll keep the web site going. Thus, it's not just about the 2008 reunion anymore. It's about having some small way to stay connected with each other.

I've been thinking a lot about community lately. How Jesus said we shouldn't forsake gathering together with other believers. How scripture talks about rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep. One thing I've come to realize is how easy that was for so many of us in college. Especially in Morris. I mean really, if you had to walk more than 10 minutes to get somewhere, it probably meant they one of the few crazy people who lived on the other side of the tracks. That, or you were lost in the mazes of Gay or Indy Hall.

So this is one small way we can keep in touch, stay somewhat connected. Especially when something big happens in our lives. So if something big happens in your life, please email and let me know. I, for one, will be honored to stand beside you and hold a box of tissue, throw a party or whatever in between and I'll post it so the rest of our beloved IVCF Chapter can do the same.

No comments: