Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WATN: Jenny Dose

Over the years at Morris many different people have told the leadership staff how much our IVCF chapter needed a staff worker. We never did get one but for awhile, we did have a very dedicated faculty advisor. If you were in the business of taking business classes, you might have been in one of her classes. If not, you might have mistaken her for a student at one of our large group gatherings.

So here's Jenny's update since leaving Morris...

It's hard to believe that I've been teaching at Messiah College for 8 years now. This fall I am only teaching one course (Leading Organizational Change) because I was suddenly named Assistant Department Chair of the business department in August. The Chair is doing the strategy and external relations, and I am doing course scheduling, faculty searches, budgeting, and generally all the administrative stuff. It is a busy year because we are also working on attaining ACBSP accreditation for the business department. This spring I am going to the Netherlands again with a group of students--5th time, 2nd time in May (May is much nicer than January :-). I do have a life outside of work, although sometimes it seems not much of one. I'm very involved at First United Methodist Church in Mechanicsburg, PA, including singing in the choir. I still think of you all fondly. Although I like Messiah College, one down side is that I do n't see students as much outside of class. Doing IVCF with all of you was one of the highlights of my time in Morris.

No comments: