Monday, September 29, 2008

WATN: Sal Monteagudo

Good Morning Everyone!

Here's the update I got from Sal last night. He'll be living it up at UMM's homecoming this weekend...
I currently live in Morris still since '99 when I graduated. I've been working for the same company (Prairie Community Services-serve as a caregiver for developmentally-disabled adults in a group home setting)since I first started after graduation, which was first intended be just apart-time job temporary for the summer only (participated in a 10-week ministry school) after graduation. God had other plans! I'm now only part-time or on-call status for PCS as I currently work for the StevensCounty-Developmentally Achievement Center (serve as a job coach for developmentally disabled adults in various community job settings since '05). My other career avenue is teaching English as a Second Language, which I've served as a volunteer since '04 through the Minnesota Literacy Council-Morris Community Ed. I'm currently pursuing a teacher's license and a masters degree (studying on-line through Hamline University).

"Life Lessons-from God": God is currently teaching me to be more dependent on Him through past, current, and future trials in life. I've learned and still continue to learn from "mistakes". The Great Co-Mission is a teamwork (e.g. baseball) effort as a body of believers (locally,nationally, and globally).

No comments: