Saturday, September 27, 2008

Where Are They Now: Shannon Fahey

Hey Everyone. I just got an update from Shannon Fahey. Enjoy!
My life has had many ups and downs since Morris. But, God is good all of the time. Let's see here in 2002 I took a May Term class in Thailand; I traveled to Bangkok, Chang Mai, and Koh Samui. When I returned from Bangkok, I started working two part-time jobs one at a video store and the other at a day care. In the Fall of 2002 a nearly five year relationship with my girlfriend Erin ended. It was VERY painful, but through it all I've learned the importance of forgiveness, the power of Gods grace, and that Gods ways are higher than our ways!! By March of 2003 I had lost two jobs and was unemployed!! After 12 interviews and lots of sleepless nights I was hired as a People Greeter at Wal-Mart in Eagan in Oct 2003. However, I was still living at my parents house and I wanted to move out, I made plans to look for other housing options. March of 2004 I took a trip to Singapore in order to visit my sister who was studying overseas there at that time. During the Fall of 2004 I traveled to Washington DC, in order to visit my friend Ben Brandt there. I tried to figure out if God wanted me wanted me to move out there. In 2005 I went overseas again this time in August for World Youth Day (WYD). WYD is the largest gathering for youth and young adult anywhere in the world. It was founded by the Catholic Church at St. Peter's Square in 1984 by Pope JP II. In 2006, I moved out of my parents house the end of June into a HUD subsidized apartment in Roseville. In 2007, I went to Seattle for my cousins' wedding in Aug. Then for nearly a year I planned a trip to Sydney, AU for WYD 2008 with my best friend Joey. We took our trip in July of this year, the picture attached is of him and I at the Blue Mtns National Park in Katoomba, AU.
God Bless,Shannon


No comments: